Tweak-Fi

"If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad.
If it sounds good and measures bad, you've measured the wrong thing."

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Oppo BD95

deep sounds

Not quite sure where to put this - it has DAC chips and is a transport.

What does the panel think about this soon to be released machine - it seems to do nearly everything.

I want to digitize all my LPs and I need a good interface between hard disc held music and my analogue hybrid amp it fulfills this nicely.

I don't want to have to buy an expensive new CD transport or unreliable old version, nor do I want to buy a new CDP and this (just) sub $1,000 machine seems to fulfil my requirements nicely.

The only part of this machine that does'nt really interest me is it's ability to play films as I have zero interest in the crap coming out of Hollywood. If I can buy digitized films from the past, fine.

The real question is have Oppo cracked the Dual ES9018 Sabre 32 bit REF DACs problems, if they have then it's a winner.

I also like the fact that firmware updates are obtained online and for free.

So, what does the panel think.

January 24, 2011 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

deep sounds

After a long discussion with my friend Harry up near Groningen I have to forget the Oppo 95 - why it does'nt have a digital in.

If I'm going digital for all my music I don't want to be arsed with discs of any kind.

I have just looked at the whole thread on Art of Music about the Sabre DAC and fully modded it seems to be a real winner but that is with Paul Hynes regs etc.

I wish I had the skills to make this modded DAC, I doubt if any commercial Sabre DAC can approach the level of this ineterpretation.

January 26, 2011 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.